Written by Ravi Kumar
A passionate teacher and an accredited Translator and Interpreter, Mrs. Sneh Thakore who has spent most of her life in UK and Canada teaching and writing about Hindi and Indian culture, joins Hindi Center as Patron.
She has been editor and publisher of 'Vasudha' a Hindi literary magazine (since Jan.2004), Director - International R. C. University (Canada Chapter), Chair Person Canada: World Forum of Dialogue, Fellow: Research Foundation International, Co-Editor: History of World Hindi Literature, Member of Editorial board Drishti mein Shrishti ‘Dr. Laxmi Mall Singhvi:Digdarshan’ Granth Samiti, Pravasi Today: Contact Person Overseas (Canada), President: Sadbhavna Hindi Sahityik Sanstha (Goodwill Hindi Literary Association), Member of Scarborough Seniors Write Executive Committee, 'Shodh Sanchar Bulletin' Canada advisor, 'Akshar-Varta' Canada advisor, Member of the Scarborough Arts Council, Lyceum Club and Women’s Art Association of Canada (1999-2005), Member of Lively Poet's Society (1997-2003), Executive Member of World Organization of Hindus (2000-2007), Distinguished Member of International Society of Poets, Director of Canadian Council of Hindus (2003-2005), Former Executive Member of Hindi Nagri Pracharini Sabha, Co-Chair of Indian Independence Day Celebration Committee of Markham 2005.
In addition, she has been author of various plays, poetry, short stories, essays, reports, novel, songs, bhajans, gazals etc. in Hindi, English and Urdu, and written in almost all major genre of Hindi literature.
- Kendriya Hindi Sansthan Agra has announced an award for my literary work. This award will be given to me by the Honourable President of India at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Awarded 'Avadh Ratna Award 2015'.
- Limka Book Record Holder. 'Limka Book of Record' has registered my name as pravasi writer & patrakar, editor-publisher Vasudha Hindi literary magazine.
- Awarded Sahitya Academy M.P. Akhil Bhartiya 'Veersingh Dev' literary award for 'Kaikeyi Chetna-Shikha' novel.
- 'International Women Excellence Award 2014’ by U.N. affiliated organisations.
- Recipient of a maximum grant from the Dept. of Multiculturalism and Heritage, Ottawa, Canada for the book of plays titled "Anmol Hasya Kshan"(Precious Humorous Moments).
- International Women Award’ by U.N. affiliated Research Foundation.
- Awarded four times 'Editor's Choice Award' by The National Library of Poetry, North America.
- Nominated for the 2003 Poet of the year award.
- Awarded 'Sahitya Bharti Samman', Delhi, India.
- Awarded 'Fellowship' by Research Foundation Indira Gandhi Open University, Delhi, India.
- Vishisht Atithi (Special Guest) at 8th Vishwa Hindi Sammelan (World Hindi Conference) 2007, New YorkU.S.A.
- Amongst Top 25 Pravasi World Hindi Women Writers selected by 'The Sunday Indians'.
Selected list of Books published:
- Anmol Hasya Kshan (A collection of plays)
- Jeevan Ke Rang (A collection of poems)
- Darde-Zuban. (A collection of Urdu poems)
- Aaj Ka Purush (A collection of short stories)
- Jeevan Nidhi (A collection of poems)
- Aatm Gunjan (A collection of philosophical and devotional poems)
- Has-Parihas (A collection of humorous poems)
- Jajbaton ka Silsila (A collection of poems)
- The Galaxy Within (A collection of English poems)
- Anubhutiyan (A collection of poems)
- Kavya-Vrishti (An anthology of poems, Contributed, Compiled & Edited)
- Purab-Pashchim (A collection of essays on Immigrants)
- Bauchar (An anthology of poems, Contributed, Compiled & Edited)
- Kaavya Heerak (An anthology of poems, Contributed, Compiled & Edited)
- Sanjeevani (A collection of health related essays)
- Upnishad Darshan (Ishopanishad, philosophical and devotional)
- Kaavya-Dhara (An anthology of poems, Contributed, Compiled & Edited)
- Kavyanjali (A collection of poems)
- Anokha Sathi (A collection of short stories)
- Kaekeyi : Chetna-Shikha (Novel, Appreciated by The President Secretariat, India. Novel is placed in Rashtrapati Bhavan library, India)
- Aaj ka Samaj (A collection of social essays)
- Chintan ke dhagon me Kaikeyi - Sandarbh : Shrimadvalmikiya Ramayan, Shodh-Granth
- Kaekeyi : Chetna-Shikha (Novel, Awarded by Sahitya Academy M.P. Akhil Bhartiya 'Veer Singh Dev' Award, Second Edition)
- Kaekeyi : Chintan ke Nav Aayam - Sandarbh : Tulsikrit Shri Ramcharitmanas, Shodh-Granth
- Lok-Nayak Ram (Novel)
Other Publications and Work:
She has contributed essays, poetry, reports and short stories regularly in Sarita, a well-read bi-monthly Hindi magazine, published by Delhi Press, India. Wrote a colomn for them "Sagar Paar Bharat". Also, she has published in Griha Shobha, Sushma, Mukta, Suman Saurabh, Kadambini, Bhasha-Setu, Samarlok, Richa, Pahchan, Gurjar Rashtraveena, Deepjyoti, Aadhunik avam Hindi Katha-Sahitya mein Nari ka Badalta Swaroop, Nautarni, Pratinidhi Apravasi Hindi Kahaniyan, Gagnanchal, Lekhni, Bal Sakha, Rashtra Bhasha, Purvai, Vichar Drishti, Naya Suraj and Yuddhrat Aadmi, Vishva Hindi Pattrika 2011 & 2014, Aksharam Smarika 2012, Antarrashtriy Parisanvad, Prabhat Khabar, Garbhnal, The Gaursons Times, Virat Bharat, Deshantar, etc. - a mix of International Publications.
She has been very active in promoting Indian literature in North America, and he has published in the United States of America in publications such as Shadows and Light, Portraits of Life, The Ebbing Tide, Best Poems Of The 90's, The National Library of Poetry, The Poet's Corner, The Sands of Time, Vishva Vivek, Vishwa and Saurabh. He has locally and nationally published in the Hindu Dharma Review, Kavya Kinjalk, The International Hindi Smarika, Pravasi Kavya, Hindu Chetna, Sangam, Seva Bharti, Namaste CANADA, Medhavini and Hello Canada, Kaavya-Vrishti, Bouchar, Kaavya-Heerak, Kaavya-Dhara, Beautiful Moments, among others.
She has even written a play for International Hindi Conference which I also produced, directed and acted in it, titled "Kavivar Ki Durdasha", Burton Auditorium, YorkUniversity, Toronto, Canada.
16 Revlis Crescent
M1V 1E9, Canada
Read more: Sneh Thakore